February's Meebox Review - Gatsby Theme*

I was lucky enough to be sent February's Meebox for review and was really excited to get stuck into it to try all of the goodies. This month the theme was Gatsby and I don't think the Meebox team could have picked more appropriate items, they are perfect!

Meebox, Meebox UK, Review, Subscription Box


Meebox, Meebox UK, Review, Subscription Box, Little Ondine, Color Club, Maggie Anne

The box included 3 polishes: L-R Little Ondine Copper Spark (RRP £11.00), Color Club Midnight Mulberry (RRP £6.99) & Maggie Anne Beauty Pearl (RRP £10.50).

Meebox, Meebox UK, Review, Subscription Box, Nail-mail.co.uk, Sparkly Nails

The box also included 2 lovely nail art items: Gold Beads from Sparkly Nails (RRP £1.99) and Full Nail Stencils from Nail-mail.co.uk (RRP £4.95).

Meebox, Meebox UK, Little Ondine Copper Spark, Maggie Anne Pearl, Nail art

I created my first mani using Maggie Anne Pearl and Little Ondine Copper Spark because I knew that they would work perfectly together. I used 2 thin coats for both polishes and was especially impressed with the Little Ondine one as glitter heavy polishes like these often go quite patchy. I've tried Maggie Anne polishes before and Pearl was just as good as the ones I had tried previously.

I was a little nervous about using the full nail stencils as I haven't had much luck with them in the past but I found these ones so easy to use and there was no lifting of my base polish. 

Meebox, Meebox UK, Color Club Midnight Mullbery, Sparkly Nails

For my second mani I used Color Club Midnight Mulberry which was so perfect! This applied in 2 very easy and smooth coats and dried really quickly. Purple is my favourite polish colour and I think that this polish will be getting a lot of use from now on.

I also wanted to incorporate the gold beads into this mani, and as I'm not a huge fan of using them as a full accent nail, I wanted to use them in a more subtle way. I did some half nail stamping using MoYou London Fashionista 08 and Barry M Gold (not included in the box), and used a few of the beads down the centre of my nails. I love how this looks and I feel like it fits well with the Gatsby theme.

Overall I was so impressed with this box and I love the time and effort that has gone into picking everything. You get products that are of a fantastic quality and there is something for everyone in here.

The total RRP of the box is £35.43 which is amazing when you consider that the monthly subscription costs just £20.00 for a monthly subscription or £56.00 for 3 months.

Thanks again Meebox for letting me review this box for you!

Have you tried Meebox before? What is your favourite item from this month? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x


*This post contains products sent to me for review, but all opinions are my own* 

2 comments

  1. Amazing box, fab review and I love your nail art designs so much. They're gorgeous.
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love adding 3D elements to my work! Also the fact that you describe things like "It's kind of like if the Borg went Renaissance." is why you're my fav blogger. :DOutlook Support now your problem can easily resolve by this website.

    ReplyDelete