Makeup Revolution Haul

I've been wanting to do a big Makeup Revolution order for quite a while now and just couldn't help myself in the end! They have bought out some amazing new products over the past month or so and I didn't want to miss out any longer. I will warn you now, this post is quite picture heavy and quite long, but I bought so many beauties and I need to show them off! 

Here is what I bought:



I'll start off by going into more details about the Iconic Pro 2 palette which costs £6.99.


The palette comes in gorgeous sleek packaging, and the lid has a lovely matte finish which makes it look much more expensive than it is.

Inside you find 16 gorgeous, highly pigmented shades of eyeshadow.


There is also a really lovely super soft double ended brush, and a full sized mirror. This is everything you need to touch up your eye make up on the go.

The next product is one I have been lusting after for a while now! It's the I Heart Makeup Blushing Hearts bronzer in 'Hot Summer of Love' which costs £4.99.


The packaging on this is totally adorable and really cool. I love everything about this product. Not only does it look really cute, but the bronzer itself is fantastic. It is really pigmented and you get such a lovely shade by mixing the three colours together. This is going to be my new staple bronzer and I definitely want to try the blushers from this range too.

Next up I bought the Focus & Fix Eyebrow Shaping Kit in 'Light Medium' which costs £2.50.


Like the Iconic Pro palette, this also comes in lovely sleek professional looking packaging. It's also quite compact so will easily fit into your make up bag.


Inside you find 3 shades of powder which can be mixed together to find the perfect colour, and a setting wax. There is also a little brush for precise application, a pair of tweezers for removing any stray hairs and a full sized mirror. I'm so excited to properly try this out as I have been searching for the ultimate eyebrow product for a while now, and I'm hoping that this will be the answer to my eyebrow related prayers!

I'll move onto the lip products now.

First up we have the I Heart Makeup Lip Lava in 'Forgiven' which costs £2.99.


I've been intrigued by these ever since their release and have seen many beautiful swatches of them, so I'm excited to have my hands on one to try.


I went for a nude shade so that could use it for a natural look during the day, and I'm not disappointed with the shade at all. This liquid lipstick is highly pigmented and you don't need to apply too much. It also comes with a really handy flat sponge end which makes precise application really easy. The red version of this is now on my wish list as I can imagine that it will provide a really intense colour.

Next is Salvation Intense Lip Lacquer in 'More Than I Could Give' which costs £3.00.


Again, this comes in really nice packaging and you get a really generous amount of the product.



I must admit that I accidentally put the wrong shade of this into my basket, I actually wanted a really nice subtle pink, but there is no harm done as this shade is really pretty. It's a gorgeous nude like the Lip Lava, but this is a lot glossier and more subtle than the Lip Lava. It applies just like a lip gloss but is more colour intense than a gloss. I definitely want to try more of these in different shades, and maybe next time I'll put the right colour into my basket!

I was lucky enough to get some gorgeous freebies with my order as I ordered over Valentines weekend, and I was kindly sent the I Heart Makeup - I Heart My Lips collection of lipsticks which usually cost £2.49 each.


L-R: 'Racing Heart', 'Irregular Heatbeat', 'Rising Pulse' & 'Beating Heart'.


I absolutely love these lippies, they're adorable and such a great idea. They have a matte outer layer, and shimmery moisturising inner core.

As I'm already a fan of the I Heart Makeup - I Heart My Lips lipsticks, I was excited to get the final ones I needed to complete my collection. I already own two of them in a lovely deep red and bright pink. They are not pictured here as they will be going into my giveaway prize. More details about that will be at the bottom of this post ;)

Finally, I was sent a tester tube of I Heart Makeup Wow Gloss in 'You Go Girl'. The full sized version of this is currently on offer at £1.99, but usually costs £2.49.


You get quite a generous amount considering it is just a sample tube, and a little goes a long way. I put this on as soon as my order arrived and I got loads of compliments throughout the day on it. This definitely isn't a colour that I would choose for myself, but now I have it, I absolutely love it. The colour is quite pigmented for a gloss and it is quite hard wearing. I'll be getting myself a full sized version as soon as this has run out.

Onto the big news...I have decided to host a blog giveaway next month to not only celebrate the launch of my blog this year, but also to celebrate reaching 500 followers on Instagram :) More details about the giveaway will be coming very soon, but all the products in it will be from Makeup Revolution so you know they will be awesome ;)

Do you own any Makeup Revolution products? If so, which are your favourites? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

5 comments

  1. I love make-up revolution. Ive got a few of the eyeshadow palettes and the eyebrow kit... it's amazing! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's such a great brand for the price! I'm glad that the eyebrow kit is good, I can't wait to try it :) xx

      Delete
    2. I know, I couldn't believe how good they were for the price! Xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Sam, I've just recently bought a couple of Revolution products. I have the Redemption Palette Iconic 3 which I've only stared using to create a gold/brown eye look. I heard that there iconic palettes are supposed to be dupes for the Urban Decay Naked Palettes. I also bought a gorgeous light blue nail polish from their range which was only a £1.

    Those heart shaped lippies are so cute, where did you get all your goodies from?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hiya, they all sound lovely and the Iconic Palettes are fab, such pretty colours. They are really good dupes apparently, but I've never been lucky enough to own Urban Decay so can't comment on that but everyone says they are. What's the name of the polish that you bought? I have a lovely light blue one called True Blue. I got all of my bits directly from the Makeup Revolution website. Did you get yours from Superdrug? :)

      Delete