March's Pink Parcel

After last month's disappointing Glossybox, I went on the hunt for a new monthly beauty box, and I stumbled upon Pink Parcel on Twitter. This box is unlike any other I have seen before, and I was really intrigued to give it a try. 

The whole idea of the box is to make your time of the month a little easier and more enjoyable. You have to go through some basic steps when signing up which include giving the date of your next period and choosing the right sanitary product for you. You get the choice of tampons or towels, and you can choose from your favourite brands which include; Tampax, Kotex, Lil-Lets & Always. As well as containing the essentials you need during your period, you also get some gorgeous make up and skin care treats, and some well needed chocolate and a teabag. 




When you open the main box, you find a pouch and 3 smaller boxes.


 The 2 thin boxes and the pouch contain your tampons or towels of choice. The pouch is designed to go into your handbag to keep your products safe and discreet. I received 25 tampons which is more than enough to see me through.


In the other box you find your extra goodies to give you the pampering you deserve. 


First up is Bubble T Hibiscus & Acai Berry Tea Bath Bombs which retail at £6.


I hadn't heard of this brand before, but I instantly loved the packaging and the whole idea of having a tube of bath bombs to try. You get 7 small bombs in the tube, and the packet recommends using 1-2 bombs per bath. The product claims to be "packed full of restoring fragrance, help to bring clarity of mind leaving you skin feeling hydrated and cared for." I used 2 of these bombs in the bath yesterday and I'm happy to confirm that they smelt incredible, and even though you didn't get an colouring or anything too exciting happening in the water, the fragrance really did give me a well needed pick-me-up. You can buy these and some other gorgeous products on the Bubble T website which you can find here.

Next is PapayaGold PAW PAW Moisturising Balm which retails at £5.99.


I have heard a lot about Paw Paw balm recently and have been keen to give it a try, so I was really happy to see it in this box. This is a full sized product and seeing as a little seems to go a long way, this is a really generous amount. According to the packet, this balm should be applied "regularly to skin and lips and required. Can be used by people that are prone to eczema, psoriasis and dermatitis." I'm rather lucky with my skin and don't suffer with too many ailments, however; I get really dry chapped lips, and slightly dry areas in between my fingers, so I have mainly been using this product to help tackle those areas. It feels really moisturising on the dry skin, and sinks in really quickly which is always a good thing. This is an all round excellent product. You can buy this balm from places such as Boots, Feel Unique and Amazon.

The next product up is OPI nail polish in 'Race Red' which retails for anywhere between £5.99 - £8.95.


As a polish addict, I was really excited about this product! I adore OPI so this is a really welcome addition to my collection. This shade is from the Mustang Collection which was released in 2014, and is a really beautiful vivid red. Like the other items I received, this is also a full sized product, which is really generous when you consider how much these polishes officially retail for, around £11. OPI polishes come with a lovely flat brush which makes application a doddle, and I always find that the drying time is quite impressive. Big high five to Pink Parcel for putting this in.

Next is Perfectil Skin, Hair & Nails tablets which retail at around £6 for 30 tablets.


In this little sample sized box, you get enough tablets to see you through a full week. I already take hair, skin and nails tablets, and I think you have to take them for a good couple of weeks before you start to see any kind of benefit from them, but these would give you a kick start into taking supplements if you don't already do so, or you could just take them for the week of your period to give your body an added boost. Perfectil is a really recognisable brand so it's great to have some good quality supplements to try out as I haven't tried this brand before. You can buy these tablets from supermarkets as well as from places such as Boots and Superdrug.

The final beauty related product I received was some Bandzee hair ties. 


From what I can gather, these are a completely new product so I can't tell you how much they retail for, but I can tell you that they are a pretty cool and unique product that I'm excited to try out. I'm a bit of a dunce when it comes to doing my hair, but I know I will definitely be able to give these a bash. They are really soft hair ties that aren't too tightly elasticated which means that they won't ruin your hair. I love the little selection of colours we have been given and I can't wait to get using them. You can find Bandzee on Twitter here.

The final products I have to show you are the edible goodies! I received a bag of Tea Pigs Chocolate Flake Tea and a Divine Dark Chocolate Caramel bar.


These are really lovely added extras that are well received during this time of the month. 

Overall, I am absolutely chuffed with my first ever Pink Parcel and I can't believe the amount of quality products that you get for your money. Pink Parcel are currently running an introductory offer where you can get your first box for just £5.95 including postage. The box is normally priced at £9.95 including postage which is a steal in itself when you see what I got this month. 

The total cost of the products in this box is around £30 including the tampons, but excluding the added extras such as the chocolate and the hair ties.

Have you ever tried the Pink Parcel? Would you be interested in a monthly box that incorporates essentials as well as extra pampering products? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

6 comments

  1. Great post sam. I am gonna try this box in April I think. Your blog post has really sold it to me :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks lovely, I'm glad my review was helpful. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did if you sign up :)

      Delete
  2. Seeing your instagram post and this has made me want to try it! Going to sign up for a teen box too for my daughter, hopefully that will be as good as well :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy that so many lovely ladies have read my blog and now want to try it :) That's a great idea, to get the teen one for your daughter, it looks like it has some lovely little bits in :) x

      Delete
  3. I've had 3 boxes now and I've been very happy with them all. You get good branded products, generous sizes and the chance to try new products. Its an excellent subscription box.😃

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's great, I'm glad they've all been good so far. It's so good that the products are full sized and decent brands. Well worth the money :)

      Delete