Dawn Eyes Cosmetics - Valentines 2016 Collection

In my quest to find more indie makeup brands to try, I decided to make a spontaneous order from Dawn Eyes Cosmetics after my lovely friend Kat over at +All Hail The Nails told me that they were meant to be great shadows. After reading a few blog posts and seeing nothing but excellent reviews, I decided to give them a try, so here is what I ordered and what I think of them.
Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, Indie Makeup, Eyeshadow, Samples


I decided to order latest collection to be released which is The Valentines 2016: A Love Story Collection. I loved the look of all of the shades, and the original idea was to get this post up before Valentine's day but time ran away from me, so I do apologise that it's a bit late, but these shadows are great for any occasion.


The order came really nicely packaged in this gorgeous silver tissue paper with the name of the collection on the front.

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, Indie Makeup, Eyeshadow, Samples
Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, Indie Makeup, Eyeshadow, Samples

All of the shadows have a lovely silver sticker on the front which gives the name of the shadow and a list of ingredients. There are 10 shades in the collection, ranging from delicate girly shades, to deeper darker shades. The collection is made up purely of shimmers, no mattes.

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, Indie Makeup, Eyeshadow, Samples
L-R Top: Cupids Bow, Pink Diamonds & Femininity
L-R Bottom: Eros & Romance

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, Indie Makeup, Eyeshadow, Samples
L-R Top: Deep Passion's Flame, A Night For Lovers & Smitten
L-R Top: Soul Search & Not Forgotten

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, Indie Makeup, Eyeshadow, Samples
Dawn was also kind enough to include 3 free samples for me too which are all beautiful.
Top: Dragon Scales & Abalone
Bottom: Sweet Cider

I did some swatches of all of the shadows over Eccentric Cosmetics Long Lasting Primer.

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, Indie Makeup, Eyeshadow, Swatches

Top to Bottom: Cupids Bow, Pink Diamonds, Femininity, Eros & Romance

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, Indie Makeup, Eyeshadow, Swatches

Top to Bottom: Deep Passion's Flame, Smitten, A Night For Lovers, Soul Search & Not Forgotten

Dawn Eyes Cosmetics, Indie Makeup, Eyeshadow, Swatches

Top to Bottom: Dragon Scales, Sweet Cider & Abalone

The shadows themselves are really pigmented and very easy to work with. They have a foil like feel to them and blend really nicely. I also find that there isn't much fall out with them which is great. The sample sizes are generous too.

Dawn who owns Dawn Eyes is so lovely, and once you have placed your order, she sends you a nice little email to say thank you. She also writes a little thank you on the invoice she sends with your order, and the fact that she included 3 extra samples in my order is amazing. Such a lovely & generous lady.

The whole order cost me just £5.92 posted to the UK and it arrived within a week. Her TAT is also incredibly quick. Overall, I'm very very happy with my first Dawn Eyes order and with this collection on the whole, and I won't hesitate to order again. Roll on the next new release!

You can find Dawn Eyes Cosmetics here.

Have you tried Dawn Eyes? Can you recommend any indie brands for me to try? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

3 comments

  1. I've never tried indie makeup before but these all look lovely. I love abalone and not forgotten ❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It gets a bit addictive once you start buying it! Abalone is one of my favourites too :) xx

      Delete
    2. I'm deliberately not looking for that reason haha xx

      Delete