Nail Collaboration: Part 3 - Inspired by Fashion

Me and +Helen Clark of Hellz Nails are on week 3 of our blog collaboration and this week we decided to do nail art inspired by an outfit...or 3 in this case! We have both worked off the same picture but we have no idea what the other is doing, so this is a really fun prompt! Here is the mani I created using one of the outfits for inspiration.



I chose to use the middle outfit because that jumped out to me straight away. I'm not normally a fan of animal print, but I knew that this would make an awesome mani!

I started by painting my nails with 2 coats of Revlon Parfumerie Espresso which is a beautiful glossy black that gives off the slightest smell of coffee. I snapped up most of my Parfumerie polishes in Poundworld and can't recommend them enough.

Next I moved onto the stamping, and using some straight nail vinyls, I covered over the section of black that I didn't want to stamp over. It's vital to make sure that your base colour is totally dry before using vinyls otherwise the polish will lift once you peel them off. I used a very cheap unbranded jumbo stamping plate from eBay and Sinful Colors Snow Me White for stamping with.


Once I had stamped and removed the vinyls I added 2 little pearl studs for a bit of extra prettiness and finished it all with my INM Out The Door Topcoat.



And here is the final result.

I love doing this mani so much as it was something really different for me and I'm really pleased with how it came out. As always, don't forget to hop over to Helen's blog to see the gorgeous mani she created here. Make sure you check back next week for the final installment of our collaboration where we will be doing a mani using our first ever stamping plates.

Which outfit would you have picked? Would you have opted for the animal print too? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

No comments