Opulent Essences - Taste The Rainbow Collection

I've been after some neon polishes for a while now as it's something I'm lacking in my huge polish collection, so was really excited when I discovered the Taste the Rainbow collection from UK Indie brand Opulent Essences. They're super bright and really didn't disappoint.

Opulent Essences, Indie Nail Polish


L-R: Orange, Grape, Lime, Strawberry, Lemon & Blueberry


Opulent Essences is a UK indie polish brand that is owned by Sharon & Zoe and they have lots of lovely polishes in their Etsy shop which I will link at the end of the post.


First up is Orange which is one of the brightest of the set. This swatch shows 3 thin coats and no top coat.


Orange with flash to show how bright it is.


Next is Grape which is my favourite polish out of the set. This swatch shows 2 coats with no top coat.


Grape with flash.


Next is Lime which is a super bright green. This swatch shows 3 thin coats with no top coat, but I think perhaps one more thin coat would have given perfect coverage.


Lime with flash.


Next is Strawberry which is a beautiful shocking pink. This swatch shows 3 thin coats with no top coat and the coverage is spot on.


Strawberry with flash.


The penultimate shade is Lemon which is a crazily bright yellow. This swatch shows 4 thin coats with top coat and the formula was very thin but it eventually covered nicely.


Lemon with flash.


The final shade is Blueberry which is a gorgeous blue. This swatch shows 2 coats with no top coat.


Blueberry with flash.

All of the polishes have a jelly like formula which I wasn't expecting, but they were all really nice to work with. The darker of the shades, Grape and Blueberry, had the best formula and took the least amount of coats, and the lightest shade, Lemon, had a bit of a tricky and thin formula and took 4 coats to cover. I think that these neons would benefit from a white base underneath, but as I wanted to show them in their truest light, I didn't do this. Next time I use them, I will definitely use a white base.

In terms of drying time, they took hardly any time at all to dry, so even though the majority required 3 coats or more, it wasn't too much hassle as the drying time was so quick. They also dry down with a lovely glossy finish which was great and saved having to apply top coat as well as the 3 coats.

Overall, I'm very impressed with this collection and will definitely be ordering more from Opulent Essences in the future. You can find their Esty shop here.

The Taste The Rainbow collection in mini size costs £15 for the set.

Which is your favourite colour from the collection? Let me know in the comments.

Don't forget to enter my Primark PS giveaway that is on now. You can find it by following this link.

Sam x


Follow

4 comments

  1. Any collection that's bright and rainbow themed gets my vote at this time of year. Your pics are amazing and I love that blue 💙
    Vicky xx
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They're perfect for this time of year! So bright. Thank you, that's so nice of you to say. The blue is one of my favourites too 💙 xx

      Delete
  2. Yey you got some! They're all gorgeous and love your nail shape at the mo xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah I decided to give them a try and I'm so glad I did :) thank you, I fancied a bit of a change xx

      Delete