Summer Lipsticks: My Top Picks


I thought that I would share my top lipsticks for summer with you tonight as things are heating up and the sun is desperate to show his face! Lipsticks are a really easy way to brighten up any look, and because it's summer, anything goes. Here is what I have picked and why.



L-R: MUA - Shade 3, Collection - Tulip, Rimmel London Kate Moss - Shade 38 & MUA - Lilac Belle


Top to Bottom: MUA - Shade 3, Collection - Tulip, Rimmel London Kate Moss - Shade 38 & MUA - Lilac Belle


This is from the basic £1 lipstick range but trust me when I say that there is nothing basic about it! The colour is just beautiful and screams summer. It's a really vivid blue-toned pink and it is so bold on the lip. The formula is fantastic and is very comfortable to wear. If you are a fan of vivid pink shades then this one is for you.


This lipstick is a gorgeous matte peach shade that comes up more orange on the lips, but it's surprisingly easy to wear. I'm always a bit wary of colours like this because I'm so pale, but this looks so lovely now I'm starting to get a bit of a summer glow. If you feel like trying a lip colour that's a bit different then definitely give this a try.


I'm going to be 100% honest and say that I picked this up after Zoella featured it in her Spring Makeup Tutorial video and I totally fell in love with the colour. This seems to be a really popular shade as it's often sold out, but I managed to pick up the last one in my local Superdrug and was so excited as the colour really is beautiful. This isn't an obvious pick for a summer lipstick as it's very soft and delicate, but I'm crazy for colours like this so had to feature at least one! This shade is so wearable and would suit nearly all skin tones. This is a perfect lipstick to wear to work on the warm summer days.


My final choice is one of my favourite lipsticks ever. I can't get enough of Lilac Belle from the matte lipstick range. The colour is so gorgeous and instantly brightens up any makeup look. This shade of purple is so easy to wear and looks really pretty and girly. I know that a lot of people shy away from purples, but don't shy away from this one...Go and get it, you won't regret it. I featured this as my Lippie of the Week the other month, so if you would like more details about this then you can find the post here.

Summer is a great time of year for trying out new bold looks that you wouldn't be brave enough to try in Winter, so don't be shy and revamp your makeup bag with a few summer staples that will make you look and feel amazing.

What are you favourite lipsticks for summer? Any recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

No comments