Summer Blushers: My Top Picks

Following on from my top summer lipsticks and nail polishes posts, I have my top summer blushers to share with you today. I have picked some gorgeous bright shades from affordable, easily accessible brands so you can get your hands on any that take your fancy. Here is what I have picked and why.



LA Colors Mineral Blush - Tenderling, Essence Silky Touch Blush - 70 Kissable, MUA Makeup Academy - Lolly & Barry M Make Me Blush Cream - Rhubarb Crumble


Top to Bottom: LA Colors Mineral Blush - Tenderling, Essence Silky Touch Blush - 70 Kissable, MUA Makeup Academy - Lolly & Barry M Make Me Blush Cream - Rhubarb Crumble



Priced at £3.95, the L.A Colors Mineral Blushers provide absolutely fantastic value for money. The blush itself is really creamy and super pigmented. This easily blends into the skin without leaving a really powdery look and lasts really well too. I love everything about this blusher, from the packaging to the colour. This is a really bright pink shade that works fantastically with pale skin tones if you feel like being a bit daring. I bought this from the Beauty Crowd website, and I have many more of the shades on my wishlist.



This Essence blush is the darkest of the shades that I have picked, but it definitely shows up lighter and brighter on the skin. I really wasn't sure about this when I applied it for the first time as it isn't the kind of shade that I have tried before, but after a couple of uses, I was in love. It is a dusky rose shade, but because it is packed full of shimmer, it is perfect for summer. I found that less is more with this particular blusher so I would recommend using a light hand. Essence makeup never lets me down and this blusher is no different, and at £2.50, quite frankly, it's a steal.



If you are a regular reader of my blog you will know that MUA is one of my favourite makeup brands, and the £1 blushers are incredible! Lolly is totally unique in my collection and it is always the kind of shade that has scared me, but for £1 I knew that I had nothing to lose by trying it, and I'm so glad that I picked it up. It is a stunning shimmery coral shade that is ideal for summer. This isn't the kind of shade that I would wear at any other time of year, but it's nice to have specific shades set aside for the different seasons. Like with the Essence blusher, less is more with this, because as you can see from the swatch at the top, it's quite pigmented and turns very orange if you use too much.



My final choice is this beautiful cream stick blusher from Barry M. I love cream blushers so found it quite difficult not to fill this post with them! This Barry M one is my favourite cream blush shade for summer as it is so pink and so girly. I love how flattering this is against my pale skin and it really brightens up my face. The amazing thing about cream blushers is that you can really build them up without them looking too heavy, something that is often quite difficult to do with powder. If you're looking for a flawless dewy makeup look for summer, then you really need to get yourself one of these blushers to try.

This summer for me is all about the bright cheeks and lips, and these 4 blushers have been on rotation in my makeup routine and they're perfect for the looks I want to achieve. Whether you are a fan of powder or cream blushers, there's definitely a shade out there for you that will become a summer staple. Lets all make the most of the summer months because before we know it, we'll be back to autumn and the darker colours will be making an appearance, and I don't know about you, but I'm not ready for that yet!

Have you tried any of these blushers? What are you favourites for summer? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

No comments