Summer Nail Polishes: My Top Picks

So carrying on from my Summer Lipsticks post from last week, which you can find here, I thought that I would do a summer nail polish post too so you can really be summer ready. Here are my favourite polishes for summer and why I love them so much.





L-R: Color Club - Cherubic, Barry M - Peach For The Stars, Models Own - Asscher Blue, Barry M - Greenberry & MUA - Bright Coral


L-R & Bottom to Top: Color Club - Cherubic, Barry M - Peach For The Stars, Models Own - Asscher Blue, Barry M - Greenberry & MUA - Bright Coral


This is from the Halo Hues collection from Color Club and it is beyond beautiful. I have a real weak spot for holo polishes and this is one of the most beautiful ones I own. This gorgeous soft pink holo is so pigmented and is so holographic it's unreal! Not only is it a really pretty polish, but I've heard that these holos are fantastic for stamping with too which makes it even better. This isn't a colour you would necessarily think of for summer, but as we all know, holographic polishes are amazing under natural sunlight, so what better time of year to show it off.


Peach For The Stars is from the Barry M Sunset Daylight Curing Collection, and to be honest, the majority of those polishes would be perfect for summer, but this is by far my favourite shade. I fell in love with this the moment I saw it, and fell in love with it even more as soon as I had tried it. This could easily be a one coater and the formula is so easy and smooth. It also dries really quickly with the Sunset Topcoat so it is perfect if you want pretty nails but are in a hurry. This is the ulitmate summer colour.


This lovely blue is from the Diamond Luxe range by Models Own and it is such a beautiful blue for summer. I knew I wanted to put a blue into this line up as it's one of my favourite polish colours, and this one leaped out. The formula of the Diamond Luxe polishes is really good and they're so easy to apply. I love the shimmer that this blue has going through it and it really catches the light. This is such a great all round shade as it's vivid enough to brighten up any look, but it's not too in your face. Perfect.


Greenberry is one of my favourite ever nail polishes, and has been with from the start of my nail polish addiction. I have so many shades to choose from now so this doesn't get as much love as it deserves anymore but it will be making an appearance again this summer. The colour is fantastic and like all of the Barry M Gelly polishes, the formula is great. Not only are the Gelly's fantastic polishes but the majority of them stamp really well too which means you're getting even better value for money. This stunning bright green shade should be a staple in everyone's summer line up.


This is a really recent addition to my nail polish collection and I knew as soon as I bought it that it would be replacing one of the polishes in my original line up. Sorry, not sorry. I've always been a fan of the MUA polishes but this one really is in a league of it's own! It covers in one really easy coat and the colour screams summer. It's brighter and slightly lighter than it shows in the pictures above, and believe me when I say that you need to dig a quid out of your purse and get to Superdrug to buy this!

What are you favourite polishes for summer? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

4 comments

  1. These look gorgeous! I think I need to add cherubic to my collection! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful shades, perfect for summer. xx

    Nina
    http://www.ninasstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you :) and thank you for reading xx

      Delete