Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter

I have been wanting to try a new highlighter for a while now as my current MUA one is getting a little bit tired. I'm not as fond of my liquid highlighters as I am of powder ones, so I picked this gorgeous Makeup Revolution Vivid Baked Highlighter up in the current 3 for 2 offer on in Superdug, and here is what I thought of it.





I chose 'Golden Lights' but it is also available in other shades.


I had done a bit of research into these baked highlighters and could only find positive things in the blogosphere, so was more than happy to part with £3 to buy this. I have tried a baked blusher from Makeup Revolution before and was really impressed, so I knew this would be just as good. The highlighter itself is a really lovely soft golden shade that adds just a bit of definition to the cheek bones without being too over the top. The product is soft and bendable, and is very pigmented so you really don't need a lot. It comes in simple but sleek packaging with a domed lid, and the plastic is quite sturdy. The highlighter is presented in a gorgeous textured swirly pattern which is a really nice touch, and it also makes the product look way more expensive then it really is.

Makeup Revolution have got yet another product spot on and they never fail to impress me. They offer amazing quality products at a really purse friendly price. If you haven't checked the brand out yet, you really should.

You can buy Makeup Revolution products in selected Superdrug stores, Superdug online or via the Makeup Revolution website which you can find here.

Have you tried this highlighter before? Have you got anymore Makeup Revolution recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

4 comments

  1. This highlighter looks lovely, I love Makeup Revolution! Do you prefer it to the MUA one?

    Tara Eavan x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is lovely and so good for the price. I do slightly prefer it to the MUA one, but it's more sparkly so it depends how sparkly you like your highlighters to be. I'd recommend giving it a try for £3 though :) x

      Delete
  2. I've just recently gotten in to the old highlighter/shader business. I had been using a bronzer from Barry M to little or no affect and bought a three in one from Sleek. It has a blusher, highlighter and contour powder. It's very good, I think I paid £9 or £10 for it and must say the blusher is a really good colour on me but I do wish the highlighter was a bit more prominent. As for Revolution products, I have just bought a gorgeous eye shadow palette from this brand called Unicorns Vs Mermaids, I can't wait to try it out!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Highlighting and contouring is so much fun! I've only just started properly experimenting with it myself. That Sleek palette sounds great though, and good value considering you get all three things you need for contouring. Makeup Revolution do so many amazing products and that Mermaids vs Unicorns palette looks beautiful. In terms of a more prominent highlighter, you could always give a cream or liquid one a try :)

      Delete