Spring Nail Polishes: My Top Picks

I know I'm a little bit late to the party in terms of choosing my top polishes for Spring, but we're technically only a month into Spring so it's all good. I decided to do this post as I've been moving more and more towards the pastel shades recently for my nails, and I'm definitely feeling the brighter colours now that the nights are lighter and the days are warmer. So here are my top 5 nail polishes for Spring.


L-R: Barry M Speedy Stop The Clock, Essie Bikini So Teeny, The Body Shop Meet Me At Dusk, Barry M Silk Heather & OPI That's Hula-rious! 


Barry M Speedy Collection - Stop The Clock

All of the Barry M Speedy polishes are absolutely perfect for Spring, but I love this gorgeous mellow yellow so much. I'm not usually a fan of yellow and tend to avoid it unless I have to use it, but this one appeals to me so much. Not only is it beautiful as a stand alone colour but it would make the perfect base for some pretty nail art. It's a very delicate colour that leans towards nude, and it even looks beautiful against my pale skin. The new flat brush on these Barry M polishes are fab too, they make application a breeze.

Perfect for when you're in a hurry.

Essie - Bikini So Teeny

Bikini So Teeny is a timeless Essie shade that I know everyone adores, me included. To me, this is the perfect blue. It's a baby blue without being too pale, and has a beautiful subtle shimmer running through it which gives it extra dimension, and an advantage over similar shades. You simply cannot go wrong with a colour like this for the warmer months. Great for any skin tone, and so wearable. Essie polishes are a dream to apply and are pretty hard wearing.

Perfect for wearing to work for a pop of colour.

The Body Shop - Meet Me At Dusk

I debated with myself over whether to put this polish into the line up or not as it's slightly darker than the usual Spring shades we see, but I love the colour so I went for it anyway. I decided to put this polish in as I think it is a perfect transitional shade for Winter-Spring. After having so many months of using darker polishes it is sometimes hard to make the switch, so a shade like this is ideal. This is a really beautiful dusky pinky nude, and if I had to explain the colour of this polish in other terms, I would call it Vintage Rose as the colour screams vintage-style. The Body Shops polishes are really creamy and the formula is lovely. If you haven't tried them yet then you should definitely give them a go.

Perfect for making the transition from Winter to Spring.

Barry M Silk Collection - Heather

I know that the Barry M Silk polishes often get a bit of stick, but I have always been a fan of them, and Heather is my favourite from the collection. I knew that I wanted to feature a lilac polish in this line up as purple is my favourite colour and lilac shades are so gorgeous in Spring, so what better polish to pick than this subtle shimmery purple. Most of the shades in the Silk Collection are so soft, and like with the Speedy Collection, you could fill this post with them. The lovely thing about this polish is that you can let it dry to the lovely silky matte finish, or you can top coat it to give it a really beautiful glossy finish. This would make an ideal base for some flowery stamping.

Perfect for something subtle or as a base for nail art.

OPI Hawaii Collection - That's Hula-rious!

OPI recently released the Hawaii collection which is packed full of shades for Spring and Summer, and I treated myself to the mini collection last month which contains a selection of 4 beautiful polishes. Hula-rious jumped out to me straight away and is one of the most beautiful pastel green polishes I have ever owned. It is a shade that is just made for Spring. As with nearly all OPI polishes I have tried, the formula is fantastic and the colour is so vivid without being too in your face. The mini collection also contains a lovely baby pink called 'Suzi Shops & Island Hops' which again, is lovely for this time of year. I cannot recommend this collection enough, and you can pick the mini set up for around £10 which is a good price considering the quality of the polishes.

Perfect for...well everything really!

I hope that you like the polishes that I have picked, and if you follow me on Instagram you will be able to see these in action on there. If you don't follow me already,  you can find me here: @thenailandbeautyfiles.

Have you tried any of the polishes in this post? Have you got any spring recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

3 comments

  1. I think I might pick up a mini set from the OPI Hawaii collection soon! Are all of the colours in the set nice? I really want some new pastels (not that I don't already have enough haha) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. All of the colours in the Hawaii set are lovely, it has a good mix in the mini set. 2 pastels and 2 brighter shades :) x

      Delete
    2. This comment has been removed by the author.

      Delete