Natural Collection Makeup Review

When I popped into a local Boots on my lunch break one day last week, I came across the Natural Collection stand when I was browsing around. I'll be honest, I normally ignore the Natural Collection stand because I get drawn in by other more exciting brands, but the Boots by my work is tiny so I was limited on choice. I'm really glad that I stopped to take a look and here is what I picked up.


Blushed Cheeks - Pink Cloud, Moisture Shine Lipstick - Pink Mallow & Juicy Lips Gloss - Caramel Shortcake

Blushed Cheeks - Pink Cloud: £1.99

I'm going to start by talking about my favourite product which is the blusher. I did quick swatches of the blushers in the shop and noticed how creamy and pigmented they were. I loved this shade as soon as I saw it, it's so delicate and is perfect for my pale skin tone as you can see in the swatch below.


I have been using this an awful lot since I bought it as I just love how girly and soft it is. It applies so easily and blends in really nicely. This is well worth £1.99 and I will be going back for the other shades as they all look really pretty.

Snap up or avoid? Snap up...and snap up the other colours in the range!

Moisture Shine Lipstick - Pink Mallow: £1.99

I really am in 2 minds about this lipstick. The bullet is a weird shape which makes applying the lipstick evenly quite difficult so that instantly put me off. However, the colour pay off is really good and it's nice and pigmented. I used a couple of swipes for the below swatch.


Unfortunately, the product really didn't last too long which was disappointing. It's not as bad as some cheaper lipsticks I have tried but I only got around 2 hours out of this. The lipstick is moisturising and didn't dry my lips out as much as others I have tried recently so that's a plus. I also adore the colour of this, it suited me perfectly and goes really nicely with the Pink Cloud blusher. So that is why I'm in two minds about this one...I love the colour and the finish, but I just wish it lasted longer.

Snap up or avoid? Snap it up if you happen to be in Boots, but I wouldn't rush out for it.

Juicy Lips Gloss - Caramel Shortcake: £1.99

This is my least favourite of the 3 products, and to be 100% honest, I'm not sure why I even bought it as I'm not a massive fan of lip gloss. I think I was keen to try out a selection of products and the colour of this gloss jumped out to me. The colour is really pretty and the gloss, unsurprisingly is very glossy! Winner!


Not only is this my least favourite item, but I was very disappointed with it. You can really see the colour on the swatch on my arm, but the colour on my lips was pretty much non existent. You could tell that I had colour on my lips, but it was so subtle that a clear gloss would have done the same job. I also found this be fairly sticky. I know that glosses in general are sticky, but this one felt more sticky than others I have used. The little colour that I had on my lips also disappeared fairly quickly which was disappointing. However; my favourite aspect of this product is the smell. It smells AMAZING! It's so sweet and makes you want to lick if off your lips...of course it doesn't taste like it smells. Gutted.

Snap up or avoid? Unfortunately avoid.

Overall, I'm fairly impressed with my first ever Natural Collection purchases and I don't think they deserve the slating they get by a lot of other bloggers. Yes, they aren't the most luxurious of products and the packaging is very plain and simple, but it's the product itself that matters the most. I can't rate the blusher enough and will definitely be trying out more Natural Collection make up.

You can buy Natural Collection in Boots and everything is priced at £1.99. Boots currently have an offer running where you can buy one get one half price across all Natural Collection, so now is the ideal time to try a few bits out for yourself.

Have you tried Natural Collection before? Do you have any recommendations for me? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

2 comments

  1. Oooh that blush looks lovely! I may have to grab a couple at some point! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's the perfect pink blusher!! I love it :) xx

      Delete