Shopping my Stash Part 3 - Nail Polishes

The final installment of the Shopping my Stash series is finally upon us, and I had the very difficult job of shopping my ever growing nail polish stash. I have around 400 polishes so it was really difficult for me to pick 5 out, but I'm really happy with what I chose.

Here is what I have picked and why.




L-R: Primark P.S Love Unnamed Purple, Models Own Asscher Blue, Essence Hello Spring!, Revlon Colorstay Vintage Rose & Barry M Teal


Primark P.S Love - Unnamed Purple

I love the Primark PS polishes, they are just £1 and they're fantastic quality. The polish is really pigmented and dries really quickly. The brushes are flat and wide too so application is really easy. I love the colour of this one, it's so pretty and vivid. I bought this along with a few others in Autumn last year, but for some reason this is the only one I haven't used. I think I'm going to team this with some lovely floral water decals for a bright summer look.

Models Own - Asscher Blue

I got this mini Models Own polish in a Diamond Luxe gift set in the Superdrug half price sale after Christmas last year. The set contained 4 polishes and was just £4.99 which is a great bargain. This blue is one of the reasons I bought the set initially as it's so pretty. I'm not a massive fan of Models Own in general, but the Diamond Luxe polishes are gorgeous. They're so easy to apply and dry to such a lovely finish. When I look at this, underwater jumps to mind, so I think this will probably be featuring in some nails inspired by the sea.

Essence - Hello Spring!

This is one of the first Essence polishes that I ever bought, and being a fan of green polish, I was instantly drawn in by the colour. Essence polishes are really reasonably priced at £1.60 for their basic Colour & Go range and they are well worth the money. The majority of Essence polishes I have tried are really pigmented which means that they are great for stamping with too. I'm so annoyed with myself for having never used this as I loved it so much when I bought it, but I know that it will be getting a lot of use for the summer.

Revlon Colorstay - Vintage Rose

My lovely friend, Jayne, bought this for me ages ago and I've just never got round to using it. I love how unusual this colour is though, it's so deep and dusky without being too dark. I have a little collection of the Revlon Colorstay polishes now and I've never had a bad one. They cover in one coat if you are careful, and like the Essence ones, they are great for stamping with. I have the ideal mani in mind to use this polish, and taking inspiration from the name, I'm going to be stamping some roses over this.

Barry M - Teal

I don't need to go on about the amazing quality of Barry M polishes because we all know how good they are. As much as I love the special collections from Barry M such as the Silks or Gellys, I love the standard Nail Paints so much. Priced at just £2.99 you really can't go wrong with them. I fell in love with Teal as soon as I saw it, it's just the ideal colour for me, and I love the shimmer that runs through it. I haven't quite decided what I am going to do with this polish yet as it's so pretty and I don't want to cover it up with stamping. I have some lovely gold mermaid embellishments to use though and I think they would look lovely over this.

I love all of the polishes that I have picked, and I can't wait to use them. I will be using all of these in the coming weeks and will be showing them on my Instagram, so if you don't already follow me, you can find me here: @thenailandbeautyfiles.

Have you got any unloved polishes in your stash? Have you used any of the polishes I have featured in the post? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

No comments