Shopping my Stash Part 2 - Make Up

In a bid to use more of my unloved products, I decided to do a 'Shop my Stash' mini series, and this week it's the turn of my make up. I shopped my hair and skin care stash in a previous post and you can read that here. I have a lot of unloved and unused make up floating about in my bedroom, so I have rounded up a few products that I am going to make an effort to start using. Here is what I found in my stash.


I picked out a good selection of products to share with you, and I have enough here to make a lovely summery look which I will be sharing on my Instagram page over the weekend.

Avon Mattifying Foundation - Ivory

I used to use this foundation all of the time and absolutely loved it. This is a brand new tube that I bought from eBay ages ago, but one that I've never opened. Avon discontinued this a while ago which is why I bought the last one from eBay for around £5. This was the first foundation I found that I actually got on with. I'd always found others to be too orange or too heavy. This gives lovely coverage, and even though it is a matte foundation, the finish isn't quite as matte as others I have tried. I stopped using this foundation when I bought my No7 Super Lightweight one, but now that is coming to an end, I thought I could fall in love with this one again.

W7 - Night Glow

I bought this highlighter on a whim at the beginning of the year because I'd heard it was a dupe for Benefit's High Beam. I have wanted to try High Beam for quite a while but I've never had the spare cash to do so. I think this cost me around £4 which is much more purse friendly than Benefit's High Beam. I don't own both so can't do a comparison, but what I can tell you is that this is a really lovely cream highlighter. I have only actually used it once or twice because I got it at a time when I was buying loads of new products to try so this got forgotten about, however; I really enjoyed it when I did use it. Cream highlighters are perfect for spring and summer so I'm really looking forward to using this again.

MUA - Winter Forest Matte Eyeshadow Palette

I picked this up a few months ago in Superdrug when it was on offer for £2 and I popped it away in my eyeshadow box and forgot all about it! I love matte eyeshadows and I love MUA so I really should have got some use out of this by now. I guess we can say that it's better late than never! I'm not going to be put off by the fact that this has 'Winter' in the name, and I'm going to make sure it gets some use this spring. I'm eyeing up the bright blue and nude shades. Even the darker shades will be lovely for an evening look. You can't fault MUA palettes for the price, they're pigmented and really blend-able. This is still on sale for £2 on the MUA website I believe so if you like the look of it then go and snap it up.

No7 Blusher - Coral Flush

I have had this in my stash for ages and ages, but I don't think I've ever used it! I always thought that the colour was a little bright for me, but now that I've become more adventurous and braver with my make up, it's right up my street. I adore No7 make up, I have loads of it in my stash and it often makes up my everyday face, so I'm really annoyed with myself that I haven't used this. I'm off to put this into my make up bag now!

Primark P.S Love - Matte Long Last Lipstick

This is another item that I have never even used. I bought this last summer and was so excited at the time, but I've just never found myself reaching for it. I bought this and a nude shade at the same time and I've never used either of them. I think the reason why is a mixture of mediocre reviews from other bloggers, and getting lots of new, more exciting, lipsticks around the same time. I love the packaging of this though and that's what I was drawn to initially, it looks way more expensive than it is. I also really like this colour, it's really bright, so hopefully I'll be getting more use of it this now the sun is out.

Barry M - Showgirl Extra Volume Black Mascara

I got this as a freebie when I bought the Aquarium polishes that were released last Autumn. I wasn't massively excited about this at the time and literally threw it into my make up box. When I was having a sort out a few weeks ago I found this and made a mental note to feature it in this post. I've since had a look at the brush (I'm very funny with mascara brushes) and now I'm really excited to try it. It has a nice big brush with thick bristles which is just what I like. And who doesn't love a bit of extra volume to their lashes. I think it's time to give my trusty Clinique mascara a rest and give this a try.

I'm really happy with all of the lovely products I have rediscovered and I'm looking forward to creating some nice looks with them all. I know they're not high end or designer products, but I know for a fact that you can get some amazing make up on the high street, and from places like eBay, and still look good.

Have you shopped your stash recently? Have you fallen in love with any old favourites again? Let me know in the comments.

I'll be back next week with the final part of my Shop your Stash series and I'll be raiding my rather large nail polish collection. Don't miss it!

Sam x

Follow

No comments