My Top 5 Under £5

I've lost my blogging mojo a bit recently, and I've been feeling really uninspired, but when the idea for this post popped into my head I got really excited about it so just had to post it. I know that posts like these aren't very original, but I thought it would give you a chance to see exactly what I'm loving at the minute, and it also shows what amazing budget products are readily available to you right now. So here are my top 5 products under £5.

Makeup Revolution Iconic Elements Palette, Collection Speedy Blush, L.A Girl Glazed Lip Paint, Barry M Showgirl Mascara & MUA Illuminating Liquid Glow.

I love each and every one of these products for so many reasons and that fact that each one costs less than £5 is fantastic.


This is one of my favourite palettes right now. It's so wearable and is suitable for all skin tones and make up abilities. If I've got the time then I use a good selection of the shades to create a gorgeous neutral eye, but even if I'm in a hurry, I use any one of these shades as a standalone and they still give a gorgeous effect. The shadows are so creamy and pigmented and there is no fall out from them. They're really long lasting too. The £4 Makeup Revolution palettes are some of the best that I've tried, so if you haven't given them a go then I would most definitely recommend them.


I can't get enough of these cream blusher sticks right now! I find them so easy to use and I love love love the cute packaging. I was excited when I saw that Collection were launching their own range because you get fantastic quality from Collection without breaking the bank. I love the shade of this blusher so much. It works perfectly with my pale complexion and is a lovely light shade for spring and summer. You don't need to use a lot of product with each application so this will last for a long long time. This is just as good as my £9.95 No7 cream blush stick, if not better. There are only 3 shades available in this collection right now, but I'm keeping my fingers tightly crossed that more will be released soon.


I talked about how much I love this product in my Beauty Crowd haul post which you can find here so I won't go into too much detail again about this, but it just had to make my top 5. These kind of glazed lip colours seem to be a big thing right now as they offer something that most lipsticks can't...colour and moisturising benefits. It's something more than a standard gloss, but different to a lipstick. This is such an interesting lippie and I seriously cannot recommend it enough. I know that this nude shade isn't to everyone's taste, but there's such a great selection of other colours available, and for £4 I really do think they're a steal.


This sat unopened in my makeup box for well over 6 months until I dusted it off the other month, and now I can't get enough of it and use it every single day. This mascara has a fantastic big brush that adds volume and length to the lashes, but it's not so big that you can't get to the smaller lashes. I find the brush really user friendly and I'm so picky when it comes to mascara brushes. To be totally honest, I wasn't expecting a lot from this mascara, but I've been pleasantly surprised and I'm so glad that I gave it a go. I've even replaced my far more expensive and all time favourite Clinique mascara with this, and will definitely be re-purchasing. Well recommended if you are looking for a decent budget mascara.


This is one of MUA's more recent releases and as soon as I saw this on their Instagram page, I knew that I had to give it a try. I love highlighters and use one everyday, so I'm always excited to find a new budget one to try. I bought this in shade Champagne as that is what MUA recommend for my yellow undertones on their blog, and I think it suits me perfectly. The liquid is really creamy and very easy to blend. It's not overly sparkly, so gives a really natural glow. A little bit goes a really long way and the tube is a generous 20ml so this won't be running out anytime soon. If you are looking for a new liquid highlighter to try, then I would suggest giving one from this range a go. There are 3 shades available and they're all really pretty, so hopefully you will find one that you love.

I hope that you have enjoyed reading about my top 5 budget beauty buys, and hopefully I've given you some inspiration for next time you do some make up shopping. This post just goes to prove that you don't have to spend a lot of money or buy high-end makeup to look and feel amazing, and if you know where to look, there are some lovely bargains to be found.

What are you favourite budget beauty items? Do you own anything that I've mentioned? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

2 comments

  1. These all look amazing! A few things may have been added to my list :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm glad that I can enable you hehe :) xx

    ReplyDelete