Summer Makeup Essentials

As summer is fast approaching (hopefully!) and the summery dresses are coming out, I thought that I would share some of my summer makeup essentials with you. I've started reaching for some of these products everyday now, and I won't be able to live without them this summer. Here's what I have picked and why.





No7 Stay Pefect Superlight Foundation - £14.50

This foundation is so perfect for the summer because it is so lightweight and natural. This is the most lightweight foundation that I own, and even though it doesn't offer quite enough coverage in the harsh winter months, it is perfect for this time of year. It blends in really well and has good staying power. This also has SPF 15 in the formula which is fantastic because you can look gorgeous and still be safe in the sun. This is well worth the £14.50 price tag.

Barry M - Radiant Rod Highlighter - £3.99

This is a fairly recent addition to my makeup bag, and you can find my mini Barry M haul post here and see a swatch of this lovely product. Even though I haven't had this that long, I really really love it. It's so quick and easy to use and blends into your skin really nicely. I think a good highlighter is important for summer as you want to give yourself as much of a natural glow as possible. I think gold highlighters are ideal for this and work so well with a shimmery golden bronzer. If you're looking for a really simple highlighter to try out, then give this one a go.

Makeup Revolution Pro Fix Amazing Makeup Fixing Spray - £5.00

This is my number one summer makeup essential! I really can't live without a fixing spray when the weather starts to heat up. I have an oily t-zone which is difficult to manage sometimes, but a fixing spray really helps keep my foundation in place. A fixing spray is also really good for keeping eyeshadow in place, and most importantly a spritz of this will really freshen you up and cool you down in the warmer months.

Collection - Speedy Blush - Tickled Pink - £3.99

If you read my blog regularly then you will know that I love cream blusher sticks, and this particular one made it into my Top 5 Under £5 post which you can find here. I really do love everything about this product, from the colour to the finish. Cream blushers are lovely for summer because you want a soft dewy look and sometimes powder blushers can be a little too overbearing or look quite flat. I know that some people have said that they find these cream blush sticks a little daunting, and I used to be the same, but I find that if you start with a small amount and really build the colour, you end up with a gorgeous natural flush on your cheeks. For £3.99 it's well worth giving one of the Collection Speedy Blushers a go.

Essence All About Matte Oil Control Papers - £2.00

I cannot live without oil control papers! I always have some in my bag and love to give my face a quick freshen up with them on my lunch break. I have tried oil control papers from a few brands before but I love the Essence ones the most. They soak up the excess oil from your skin without ruining your makeup or without leaving a horrible layer of powder on your face. Without sounding really gross, these are also fab if your face gets a little sweaty in the summer. You can dab away any extra moisture without wiping away your makeup.

Miss Sporty - Eye Millionaire Water Resistant Liner - £2.49

I popped this product in because who doesn't love a pop of eye colour in the summer?! I'm pretty obsessed with purple eye makeup right now, and this colour is so bright and rich. Coloured eyeliners are ideal for when you want a quick, bold makeup look, and can be used on either the lower or upper lash line. I prefer a flick of colour on my lower lash with an eye shadow that compliments it on my lid, but you really can have fun with coloured liners. This one is also water resistant which is great for when things heat up as you want something with a bit of staying power.

MUA - Matte Lipstick - Pouty Pink - £1.00

My final summer essential is a gorgeous pink lipstick such as this one from MUA. I think there's something so summery and feel good about a girly pink lipstick, and I love the matte range from MUA so much. For £1.00 you get a fantastic product that's moisturising and long lasting. I picked a matte lip colour as a contrast to the rest of the softer dewy summer look and it works so well. I love to team this lipstick with a delicate shimmery lilac eye. It creates such a pretty look that you can take from day to night. If you haven't tried the £1.00 lipstick range from MUA yet then you really need to.

So that sums up my summer makeup essentials and I hope that I have given you some makeup inspiration for the summer months...now we just need the most important thing...the sun!

What are your summer makeup essentials? Have you tried anything that I have picked out? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

Follow

2 comments

  1. Oooh these look fab! I need to pick up that eyeliner, it looks gorgeous! Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You'll love the colour of it, it's so pretty :) xx

      Delete