£20 Makeup Challenge

The lovely Kat over at +All Hail The Nails recently tagged me to take part in the £20 makeup challenge and I jumped at the chance to give it a go. Initially I thought it would be really easy, but when you break it down, £20 isn't a lot at all for a full face of makeup! Here's what I bought and the look I created with it.

£20 Makeup Challenge

I was going to use existing products out of my stash to save money, but I had a huge sort out fairly recently and re-homed a lot of my cheaper makeup, so I decided to start a fresh and buy new products to use. Basically, this gave me an excuse to buy new makeup!

Base

MUA Cosmetics, MUA Foundation, MUA Concealer, MUA Face Powder

I chose all of my base products from MUA Cosmetics as it's one of my favourite budget brands and I knew it would do the job well.

 Skin Define Matte Perfect Foundation - Ivory Flush - £4.00
The foundation was a little on the cakey side and I found it hard to move around my face with my brush, but once it has settled it was quite nice. The colour was a tiny bit too dark for me, so this will be a good foundation to use in the summer months.

Cover & Conceal - Fair - £1.50
The concealer was perfect for my undereyes because it's so pale and highlighted the area nicely, but I would need something a little darker for concealing any blemishes. Luckily my skin has been nice to me recently!

Pressed Power - Translucent - £1.00
You can't go wrong with the £1.00 powders from MUA. I've been using them for years and they do their job really well.

Contour, Highlight and Blush

Makeup Revolution, Ultra Sculpt and Contour Kit

I cheated a little with this and chose an all in one to keep costs down.

Ultra Sculpt & Contour Kit - C01 - £3.50
I was actually really impressed with this little kit. I picked it up in the fairest shade and all of the colours worked really well with my skin tone. The blusher is super pigmented so I had to tone it down quite a bit, but overall, it's a good handy palette to have.

Eyes

MUA Cosmetics, Miss Sporty


I chose my eye makeup products from Miss Sporty as I haven't used anything from them in years so was intrigued to see what the quality would be like.

Studio Lash Mascara Instant Volume - Black - £2.99
When I first applied this, I wasn't that impressed because it didn't give me the volume as promised but it did give a nice bit of length. What impressed me most was that I wore this for 12 hours and it didn't budge at all! It lasted just as well as my current favourite Clinique mascara which is over 4x the price.

Studio Colour Quattro Eye Shadow - 402 Smoky Green Eyes - £2.99
I love purple eyeshadow and thought that this little quad was pretty cute with a lovely selection of colours in. I was really impressed with this. The shadows are creamy and pigmented with minimal fall out, and they lasted really well on my oily lids. This is a perfect size for travelling with too.

MUA Brow Define Tinted Brow Mascara - Mid Brown - £2.00
I struggled with choosing a brow product as the only one I've ever found that I love is the Freedom Brow Pomade, but this MUA one caught my eye and I'm really glad that I got it. I don't like a very bold brow anyway so this was perfect. This will be so handy for days when I just can't be bothered.

Lips

Makeup Revolution, The One Lipstick, Primark PS Love, Lip Liner

I wanted to go with a classic nude lip for this look as I wanted to create a look that I could wear everyday for work.

Makeup Revolution Lipstick - The One - £1.00
I'd heard a lot of good things about this lipstick so thought I'd try it for myself and it really is lovely. It's a pretty nude shade that is perfect for everyday wear. It doesn't last a for a huge amount of time, but it's certainly not the worst lipstick I've ever tried either.

Primark PS Lip Liner Pencil - Nude - £1.00
I love Primark lip liner's, and the nude one is definitely one of the best ones I have tried. It's really creamy and applied really nicely, and the colour of it is lovely too. This matches perfectly with the Makeup Revolution lipstick.

£20 Makeup Challenge

Here is the final look that I created. As you can see, it's a really simple but pretty look and I wore it from 10am to 11pm and it held up really well. The foundation stayed really nicely and so did the eye products.

I'm glad I did this challenge because now I've found some lovely new products to add into my routine.

I won't tag anyone in particular to do the challenge, but if you do give it a go then make sure you tag me in your looks. You can also find Kat's post here.

Don't forget to follow me on Bloglovin' to keep up with all of my posts. You can follow by clicking the button at the end of this post.

Sam x

Follow

4 comments

  1. Ooh what a fun challenge & I think you did so well. I would have blown the budget in face products alone but I like trying lots of new things out. I'll def be trying the MUA powders and lip products x
    Vicky
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Vicky. It was good fun but really hard all at the same time! MUA is brilliant and you really can't go wrong for the money.
      Sam

      Delete
  2. This is such a fun challenge! I can't believe how much you got and how nice it all is :) xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's really good and really gets you thinking! I'm so impressed with everything I managed to get and have some new staple items now :) xx

      Delete