Danglefoot Polish Hook & Swan Duo - Collaboration with Hellznails

As soon as I saw that Hayley at Danglefoot Polish was releasing a Once Upon a Time nail polish duo, I knew that I had to have it! No only is the concept amazing but the colours are beautiful too. +Helen Clark over at Hellznails bought the duo too and very kindly asked me if I wanted to do a collaboration post with her, and I jumped at the chance. Read on to see what I thought of the polishes and the nail art I created using them.
Danglefoot Polish, Once Upon A Time, Nail Polish

Danglefoot Polish, Once Upon A Time, Nail Polish

The polishes came so beautifully packaged, and the washi tape on the cute spotty bag is adorable!

Danglefoot Polish, Once Upon A Time, Nail Polish

L-R: Hook & Swan

Danglefoot Polish, Once Upon A Time, Nail Polish

Swan is a gorgeous and vivid red holo polish. This applied in 2 really easy coats and was a dream to work with. I'm not usually a fan of red polish but this one really is lovely, and even though I usually save reds for Christmas time, this is a good all year round shade.

Danglefoot Polish, Once Upon A Time, Nail Polish

Macro bottle shot so that you can really see the holo coming through.

Danglefoot Polish, Once Upon A Time, Nail Polish

Hook is a mid blue holo polish which is packed full of tiny silver flakies. Like Swan. this was 2 easy coats but to be honest, you could get away with one with this, but the extra coat brings the sparkle through a bit more. Blue is one of my favourite polish colours so this will be getting a lot of use from now on.

Danglefoot Polish, Once Upon A Time, Nail Polish

Again, another macro bottle shot so that you can see the gorgeous holo and the flaky sparkles.

Me and Helen decided that we would collaborate on some nail art for this post so opted for Twin Nails using Swan, and we had a theme of 'Nautical' for Hook.

Danglefoot Polish, Once Upon A Time, Nail Art

We both used MoYou London Princess 09 as we thought that roses would fit in with the fairytale theme, and added some extra sparkle with gold glitter. I used Barry M Yellow Topaz Glitter which is my favourite gold glitter. I love how simple but pretty these are, and gold and red are a match made in heaven.

Danglefoot Polish, Once Upon A Time, Nail Art

We thought that a nautical theme was appropriate for Hook because we all know how much Captain Hook loves the Jolly Roger! I stamped using MoYou Hipster 08 plate and Barry M Gold Foil, added a cute little anchor embellishment and gold stud which I found floating around my nail art draw, and created the stripes using straight vinyls from She Sells Sea Shells which you can find here. I'm really pleased with how these turned out.

Overall, I'm so impressed with this duo, the colours and formula are fantastic, and the idea behind it is very well thought out. I also had so much fun doing another collaboration with Helen and having the chance to create some lovely nail art together. You can find Helen's post here, and make sure you give her a comment and follow while you're there.

You can also find Hayley's shop here where she has a beautiful selection of polishes available. 

Don't forget to follow me on Instagram: @thenailandbeautyfiles

Sam x

Follow

11 comments

  1. Gorgeous collab and I love both the nail art designs you've done. Such an awesome idea.
    Vicky
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Vicky, I'm glad that you like them :)
      Sam x

      Delete
  2. I absolutely adore both of your manis Sam! I love the nautical stamping (I'm adding that plate to my wishlist now). Thanks so much for doing this with me xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much, I'm really pleased with how they came out...even on my tiny nubs!! It's such a lovely plate and is slowly becoming one of my most used MoYou plates. Thank you so much for asking me to do it :) xx

      Delete
  3. These are both gorgeous! I especially love the nautical theme - the blue polish with the sparkles goes so well with the gold. The red nails would be perfect for Christmas! :)

    www.saarasofia.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, that's so lovely of you to say. I agree, the red is perfect for Christmas time so it will definitely be making a reappearance then :)

      Delete
  4. Gorgeous polishes and I love the nail are you did with them both x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Bethany, they are really pretty and the formula is fantastic :) x

      Delete
  5. I love that blue so much and your mani is fab. Hayley creates some stunners. Helen xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Helen :) Hayley is a bit of a polish wizard!! xx

      Delete
  6. I love that blue so much and your mani is fab. Hayley creates some stunners. Helen xx

    ReplyDelete