GellifiQue One Step Gel Colour Review*

I was recently sent a one step gel polish from GellifiQue to test and review and I was really excited to give it a try as I've never tried a one step gel before. Here's how I got on.

Gellifique Gel Polish 6047
I was given a choice of 3 colours to choose from, so I chose this gorgeous bright coral shade as I knew it would be perfect for the sunny days we've been having recently. This shade doesn't have a name but it is number 6047 if you like the look of it and want to try it for yourself.

Gellifique Gel Polish 6047

The idea behind the one step gel is that you don't need to use a top or base coat, so it cuts down application time and saves messing around with separate products. The swatches above show 3 very thin coats of polish, but on reflection I wish I had done 2 thicker ones as that would have worked just as well. The gel is very easy to work with and the brush is quite wide so covers the nail really easily.

The curing time for these is one minute per layer for an LED lamp, or two minutes for a UV lamp so it really doesn't take long at all to get a perfect mani.

Gellifique Gel Polish 6047

As you can see, the gel is very glossy even without the top coat which really impressed me. I expected it to be quite dull so that was a nice surprise. It also stayed glossy for the whole time I was wearing it.

Gellifique Gel Polish 6047

Now onto the important bit...wear time. These have a recommended wear time of 5-10 days, and on day 5 I got the chip on my index finger shown above. This nail is my most curved nail and is always the first to chip on the corner, so I wasn't surprised about this going first. As you can see, all of the other nails are perfect. I removed the gels on my left hand as the chip was catching and lifting, but I left them on my right hand until day 8 and they were still practically perfect. No lifting and certainly no sign of dulling, so I would agree that 5-10 days is an accurate wear time.

In terms of removal, I found these really easy to get off. I soaked them in acetone covered cotton wool in tin foil for 15 minutes, and the gel flaked off leaving no damage to my natural nail. I cannot stress enough the importance of correct removal of gels. It really is worth the time to remove them properly otherwise you will do more damage than good.

Gellifique Gel Polish 6047

I was quite skeptical about a one step gel system but I am so impressed by how easy it is and the end result, and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this brand to all of my readers to try.

You can buy these polishes on the GellifiQue website which you can find here, priced at just £3.50 each which is incredible value given the quality. They also have regular 3 step gel systems which are also priced at £3.50 each. You can find GellifiQue on Instagram: @gellifique_gel_colour.

Have you tried this brand before? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

*This post contains products sent to me for testing*

Follow

2 comments

  1. This is such a gorgeous colour and seems a great bargain!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was even better in real life! So bright :) You really can't go wrong at £3.50! xx

      Delete