YAB Nail Polish Review*

I was recently sent a couple of lovely polishes to review from MJ at YAB Cosmetics as part of her pre-release collection before she launches with her first full collection in September, and I am so impressed already. Here's a closer look at the polishes I got and my thoughts on them.




YAB Cosmetics, which stands for You Are Beautiful, is a brand new cruelty and 5-free UK indie nail polish brand. To test the water before it's official launch, MJ has created a collection of pastel polishes and they are fantastic!


Unnamed Pastel Yellow



I'm not normally a huge fan of yellow but I adore this super girly mellow yellow shade. This swatch shows 3 thin coats with top coat but it is very glossy without the top coat. I used 3 coats as I find polishes this colour always need a helping hand to look flawless. This colour is lovely to wear on it's own or it will provide a great base for some nail art.



Unnamed Pastel Purple


Purple is one of my favourite polish colours and I'm a sucker for gorgeous lilac shades like this. This swatch shows 2 thin coats and top coat, but like the yellow above, it is very glossy on it's own, I just find you get a much better finish with a top coat. This shade is so wearable for this time of year and I think it would look fantastic with a tan.

The formula of both polishes is fantastic...buttery and smooth with no dragging. The drying time is really quick so no waiting around in-between coats, Overall, they are a real pleasure to work with.

You can find the website for YAB here, and don't forget to follow MJ on Instagram @yabcosmetics to keep up with all of her latest release news and info on how to buy.

Which colour is your favourite? Let me know in the comments.

Sam x

*This post contains products sent to me for testing*

Follow

4 comments

  1. Ooh that purple is gorgeous & although the yellow needed an extra coat that is typical of yellows, especially pastel ones.
    Gorgeous swatches too 😍
    Vicky x
    @thepolishlist

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The purple is so pretty. Really perfect for spring. I agree, I always find yellows like that need 3 coats to make them look flawless. Thank you so much for your lovely comments as always :)
      Sam x

      Delete
  2. Beautiful swatches as always Sam. They're both so pretty, looking forward to seeing what other colours they bring out xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Helen :) I'm excited for their official release in the autumn, I bet they'll be beautiful xx

      Delete