Guest Post: Kat from All Hail The Nails

Hello! My name is Kat and this is my first ever guest post! I blog over at www.allhailthenails.blogspot.com. I'm very excited to be posting for Sam as it means that she's away on her honeymoon and hopefully having a lovely time!

Whilst perusing my local Boots, I spotted that Barry M was on offer at 2 for £7 on the nail paints and the lip items (you also get a free polish if you spend over £6!) so I decided to try out a lipstick and a lip liner. I've never tried a Barry M lipstick, I usually bypass them and head straight for Rimmel. I got both items for £7 with my free polish so I was very happy with my bargain and I put the lip products on as soon as I got back to my car!


I picked up a lip liner which I originally thought didn't have a shade. I've since noticed that it has a number 9 which is the shade Mulberry and the online swatches match up with my liner so I'm assuming it's the right shade. This liner is really smooth, creamy and incredibly pigmented. This lasted all day on me, through a full english breakfast, lunch and goodness knows how many cups of tea and I was very impressed! I think that I will be going back for some more of these, especially as they are only £2.99 each!


The lipstick that I picked up is one of their Satin Super Slick lipsticks in the shade Marooned. This matches perfectly with the liner and is a stunning shade for autumn! Both the liner and lipstick are deep brown/pink colours which pull more brown on me. I was less impressed with the lipstick but I think that's my error as I didn't read the display properly and I was expecting something slightly more matte. This is a very creamy lipstick with a slightly shiny finish but this unfortunately means that it doesn't have very good lasting power. I had to top this up through the day after eating and every 1-2 hours on top of that.


Overall, I definitely think that the lip liners are worth purchasing, but if you're like me and you prefer matte lips, you may want to give the lipstick a miss. 

No comments